McCarthy backs Stefanik to replace Cheney as House GOP Conference Chair
Rep. Liz Cheney, who currently holds the House GOP Conference Chair post, has been under fire from fellow Republicans.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy during an interview on Sunday Morning Futures told host Maria Bartiromo that he supports Rep. Elise Stefanik for the role of House Republican Conference Chair.
"Do you support Elise Stefanik for that job?" Bartiromo inquired.
"Yes I do," McCarthy responded.
Rep. Liz Cheney, who currently holds the House GOP Conference Chair post, has been under fire from fellow Republicans. She has been an outspoke critic of Trump's claim that the 2020 election contest was tainted by fraud, and was one of 10 House Republicans to vote in favor of impeaching him earlier this year in the wake of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
Former President Donald Trump, has endorsed Stefanik to fill the leadership slot.
News, Not Noise
- Eighteen months later, Democrats' first Trump impeachment tale in tatters
- CDC claims COVID-19 kills 'healthy young children' as doctors push back on vaccinating kids
- Biden fumbles countries at G7, mistaking Libya for Syria
- Georgia election official acknowledge chain of custody documents missing for 2020 absentee ballots
- Death of journalist who broke the Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting is being investigated as suicide