McConnell offers support for short-term extension of debt ceiling, compromise with Senate Democrats
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday offered a short-term suspension of the U.S. debt ceiling to avoid the U.S. defaulting on its debt in the coming day, resulting in a potential economic crisis.
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate until they can pass a more permanent measure before the year's end.
The U.S.was projected to hit its debt ceiling by Oct. 18.
News, not Noise
- Former Buttigieg campaign adviser called Christine Blasey Ford 'Looney Tunes' in texts to team Cuomo
- Corporate backers of BLM undeterred by group's Christmas blitz against capitalism, holiday shopping
- MTG eyes legislation to force media to give same effort to correcting lies as to spreading them
- Wisconsin Elections Commission to face allegations of potentially illegal behavior
- Bill Clinton traveled with Ghislaine Maxwell, per Secret Service documents: Report