Gaetz joins Trump in criticizing FBI for opening probe into Trump supporters surrounding Biden bus
A group of Trump supporters boxed in a Biden bus in Texas on Friday.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Florida GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz is joining President Trump in criticizing a decision by the FBI to open an investigation into an incident Friday in Texas in which a group of cars and trucks with Trump flags appeared to surround a Biden/Harris campaign bus.
"If you need any further proof that the FBI will look for any reason to target Trump supporters..." Gaetz tweeted Sunday, linking to an article about the incident from the New York Post.
Trump also made reference to the incident from his Twitter account, retweeting a screenshot of the FBI's statement and writing, "In my opinion, these patriots did nothing wrong. Instead, the FBI & Justice should be investigating the terrorists, anarchists, and agitators of ANTIFA, who run around burning down our Democrat run cities and hurting our people!"
In videos circulated online, a group of vehicles — many sporting Trump campaign accessories — are seen surrounding the Biden campaign bus as it made its way from San Antonio to Austin.
In Pennsylvania over the weekend, Biden said of the president's response to the incident: "We've never had anything like this. At least, we've never had a president who thinks it's a good thing."
News, not Noise
- In new book Huma Abedin claims U.S. Senator sexually assaulted her
- Leaving Atlanta: Amid rising urban crime and taxes, a secession movement grows in a moderate suburb
- Chicago set to pass one of US's biggest guaranteed income plans, amid calls to put money to violence
- Extreme couponing Virginia couple receive a combined nearly 20 years in prison for $31 million fraud
- 'Let's Go Brandon' gains widespread recognition across US, approval as form of protest, poll