Rep. Gohmert gifts Jan. 6 defendant Dr. Simone Gold flag flown over Capitol
Gohmert gave her the flag as she was released from prison.
Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert gave Jan. 6 defendant Dr. Simone Gold a flag flown above the U.S. Capitol after she was released from federal prison.
Gohmert called Gold a "patriot and an American hero" for her work during the COVID-19 pandemic. Gohmert said Friday he gave Gold the flag "to celebrate her invaluable work and contributions to public health, medical freedom and our God-given constitutional rights."
Gold, a vocal critic of COVID lockdowns and founder of the conservative group, America's Frontline Doctors, was sentenced in June to 60 days in prison after she pleaded guilty last year to entering the Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot.
"We can never allow this miscarriage of justice to happen again," Gold posted on Twitter along with photos of her and Gohmert as she was released from prison.
Gohmert said "vindictive" Justice Department staff put Gold in a maximum security prison. The Texas Republican applauded Gold for "literally" saving the lives of his friends and said she is a "national treasure."
Just News, No Noise
- Judge sides with DeSantis, says governor won’t have to testify in suit brought by prosecutor
- IRS warns taxpayers of new $600 threshold for reporting third-party payments
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending
- Musk indicates he will release internal Twitter docs on censorship of Hunter Biden laptop story
- Budweiser plans to send unsold beer intended for World Cup in Qatar to winning country