Rep. Pelosi will run again for Speaker if Democrats keep control of the House
Pelosi is the only woman to serve as Speaker of the House.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday said that she will pursue the leadership role again if Democrats maintain control of the congressional chamber.
"If Democrats keep the House are you going to run for another term as speaker?" CNN's Jake Tapper asked Pelosi during an interview on State of the Union.
"Yes I am," the California Democrat responded.
A fourth term in the leadership role would likely represent her last, because Pelosi in 2018 committed to self-limit her time in the top House position, regardless of whether a term limit proposal for senior positions is approved.
She also remarked during the interview with Tapper that "we have to win the Senate. So all this discussion of the virus takes us to the importance of this election. Vote your health," she said.
Pelosi is the only woman ever to as Speaker of the House.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit