Rep. Pelosi will run again for Speaker if Democrats keep control of the House
Pelosi is the only woman to serve as Speaker of the House.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday said that she will pursue the leadership role again if Democrats maintain control of the congressional chamber.
"If Democrats keep the House are you going to run for another term as speaker?" CNN's Jake Tapper asked Pelosi during an interview on State of the Union.
"Yes I am," the California Democrat responded.
A fourth term in the leadership role would likely represent her last, because Pelosi in 2018 committed to self-limit her time in the top House position, regardless of whether a term limit proposal for senior positions is approved.
She also remarked during the interview with Tapper that "we have to win the Senate. So all this discussion of the virus takes us to the importance of this election. Vote your health," she said.
Pelosi is the only woman ever to as Speaker of the House.
News, Not Noise
- U.S. intelligence report warns of looming ‘catastrophic’ shocks worldwide due to tech, disease
- Amid growing doubt about COVID origins, WHO chief says Wuhan lab-leak theory 'on the table'
- Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
- Biden's American Jobs Plan could cost taxpayers about $666,000 per job created
- Maryland lawmakers override vetos, eliminate police protections and bill of rights