Rep. Ronny Jackson reintroduces resolution to remove Kamala Harris from border czar role
The Texas Republican pointed out that he "has made multiple visits to the border" over the past two years "while Harris has visited only once."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Texas Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson reintroduced a resolution demanding that President Joe Biden remove Vice President Kamala Harris from her position as "Border Czar" overseeing the migrant crisis at the southern border.
Jackson put forward his resolution on Friday, the two-year anniversary of Harris' appointment to lead the Biden administration's border response. Jackson introduced his first resolution on the first anniversary of Harris' appointment.
"Kamala Harris has done nothing to 'address the root cause of migration' or stop the influx of illegal immigrants coming across our border daily," Jackson said. "She has completely betrayed the American people by blatantly disregarding her duties as Border Czar. Enough is enough!"
The Texas congressman pointed out that he "has made multiple visits to the border" over the past two years "while Harris has visited only once."
Jackson's resolution calls on Biden to "appoint an experienced and competent leader to replace Vice President Kamala Harris as the head of the Biden administration's strategy to address the root causes of migration."
Since Biden took office, more than 4.5 million migrants have illegally crossed the border. Harris has faced numerous bipartisan calls to step down or be fired from her position managing the border crisis.
Just News, No Noise
- Americans estimate average family of four needs minimum $85,000 annual income to get by: poll
- McCarthy-Biden debt deal eliminates unspent COVID funds, blocks IRS expansion and reforms permitting
- On Memorial Day, Biden VA record of caring for veterans raises alarm
- Oregon GOP seeks to recall longtime member, Trump supporter who backed Dhillon in RNC chair race
- 'Boycott Target' climbs iTunes charts, garners millions of views