Senate confirms Kristen Clarke to helm Justice Department's civil rights division
Clarke is the first black woman to serve in the role.
The Senate on Tuesday confirmed Kristen Clarke to lead the Justice Department's civil rights division, making her the first black woman to hold the post.
The close 51-48 vote was almost completely along party lines with the single exception of Sen. Susan Collins who was the only GOP member to vote in favor of confirmation.
News, not Noise
- New video from Jan. 6 shows officers allowing people to enter Capitol
- Steele's defense of dossier collides with an avalanche of evidence to the contrary
- Eric Greitens: 'Hundreds of ID cards' on Mexican side of border, as Biden opens U.S. 'to terrorists'
- Supreme Court to consider lawsuit challenging teacher union dues
- Facebook tells Arizona AG it allows messages on human smuggling