Alec Baldwin settles with family of cinematographer killed by gun he was holding
Halyna Hutchins was killed roughly a year ago on the set of "Rust."
Alec Baldwin has settled with the family of a cinematographer killed last year on a movie set from a bullet fired from a gun Baldwin himself was holding.
The family of Halyna Hutchins, 42 years old at the time of her death on the set of the movie "Rust" last year, had filed suit in February of this year against Baldwin and other involved in the movie. The gun had reportedly been presented as a prop firearm before it discharged in Baldwin's hands, killing Hutchins.
The terms of the settlement were not released to the public.
Baldwin's lawyer Luke Nikas said the settlement was meant for the child that Hutchins left behind.
"Throughout this difficult process, everyone has maintained the specific desire to do what is best for Halyna’s son,” Nikas said in a statement.
Just News, No Noise
- Capitol Police, FBI uncover new potential deadly risk to female officers from body armor
- 'Kick non-woke patients to the curb'? Mass General Brigham speech code includes blacklist on care
- Bar association under fire for proposal to abandon LSAT after study shows minorities score lower
- Respect for Marriage Act pending in Senate is raising constitutional concerns
- Cambridge Trinity College dean defends sermon on Jesus being 'trans,' having 'vaginal' side wound