Biden says abortion law should 'not be overturned,' after leaked Supreme Court opinion published
Biden made announcement morning after a news report was published that leaked a draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito in Mississippi abortion rights case.
"I believe that a woman's right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned," President Biden said Tuesday.
He made the comment in a statement the morning after the leak of a draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito in a Mississippi abortion case that suggests the high court's conservative majority will overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade precedent that recognized a constitutional right to have an abortion.
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Trump proposes big changes to public education, saying it's been overtaken by 'Radical Left maniacs'
- With race to lead GOP set to be decided Friday, challenger Dhillon snags major endorsement