Army vet-turned-far-left-militant sentenced to 44 months for threatened attack on Trump activists
Daniel Alan Baker was convicted in May after he used the internet to rally far-left protesters to attend a Florida Trump rally armed, issuing directives to kidnap and potentially injure some of the Trump supporters.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A U.S. Army Veteran was sentenced to 44 months in jail after attempting to surround pro-Trump protesters with guns outside the Florida state Capitol in Tallahassee back in January.
According to the Post Millennial, Daniel Alan Baker was convicted in May after he used the internet to rally far-left protesters to attend the Trump rally armed, also issuing directives to kidnap and potentially injure some of the Trump supporters.
At the trial, the FBI showed jurors posts from Baker's social media profile to better underscore how he "escalated, indicating a potential for immediate threat during upcoming protests in Tallahassee."
Special Agent Nicholas Marti testified during the trial that Baker was spurred on following the Capitol breach on Jan. 6.
Marti also testified that he had received a nearly 25,000-page document from Facebook which outlined the extremist and violent beliefs Baker held.
The Post Millennial also notes that Baker is suspected of being responsible for a fatal shooting in Seattle's "autonomous zone."
According to reports, following the shooting in Seattle Baker fled the area, moving from city to city, which led him to Florida.
Information on Baker's alleged involvement in the shooting in Seattle was turned over to proper authorities and is currently under investigation.
Just News, No Noise
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- House Freedom Caucus blasts debt deal: 'This is a career-defining vote for every Republican'
- McCarthy vows to hold FBI Director Wray in contempt over Biden probe