Pentagon announces members of Confederate base renaming commission
Army, Marine representatives will serve on panel charged with new base names.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Pentagon on Friday announced the list of individuals appointed to the Department of Defense's commission on renaming bases named after Confederate generals.
Among the members of the congressionally-mandated panel include retired Navy Admiral Michelle Howard and retired Army Brigadier General Ty Seidule, the Defense Department said in a statement.
The members of the panel "posses[s] unique and relevant experience in and out of government that I know will inform this important effort," Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said.
"I look forward to seeing the results of the commission's work in the months ahead," Austin added.
News, Not Noise
- Ex-FBI boss has 'grave concern' FISA court was 'defrauded intentionally' in Russia probe
- More troubles for Cuomo as Legislature strips his emergency powers amid dual scandals
- Boomerang? Trump antagonists suddenly hit with scandals, political crises of their own
- The Biden Cabinet nominee who can't seem to get her math straight
- Mississippi judge orders new election after finding 79% of absentee ballots invalid