Treasury Secretary reportedly looking to hire 'climate czar'
Former Obama treasury official allegedly tapped for role.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Biden Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is reportedly looking to hire a "climate czar," a newly created position meant to address climate-related issues in economic policy.
Sarah Bloom Raskin, the former deputy Treasury secretary under the Obama administration, is allegedly tapped for the role, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Yellen in her Senate confirmation hearing last month argued for the need to "seriously look at assessing the risk to the financial system from climate change."
The Biden administration has signaled that it will be taking a proactive approach to climate issues, having re-joined the Paris climate accord and suspended new oil and gas leases on public lands.
News, Not Noise
- YouTube suspends Real America's Voice for interview in which Trump says, ‘I never admitted defeat’
- The honeymoon is over for Biden as approval numbers drop, disapproval numbers spike
- 'No business doing that': Wis. official says Zuckerberg-funded group seized control of 2020 election
- 'Horrendous': Ga. audit lawyer demands full investigation into Fulton County's ballot irregularities
- Indiana University students compare COVID vaccine mandate to Tuskegee experiment in lawsuit