Ric Grenell knocks down report he is considering run for California governor
Trump ally making plans ahead of Newsom recall effort.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Acting Director of National Intelligence and staunch Trump ally Ric Grenell on Saturday knocked down a report he is planning a run for California governor ahead of a growing effort to recall current Gov. Gavin Newsom.
Politico had reported that Grenell is "interviewing campaign strategists and laying groundwork for a potential run" for the governor's office.
But Grenell used Twitter to strongly knock down the report, suggesting that Politico had not used his full quote denying plans to run.
“@Politico lies again. Here is the full quote I gave to @davidsiders (which he cut down in order to push a false narrative),” he tweeted. “I don’t believe you have a source telling you that because it isn’t true and this is the second time Politico has pretended gossip is journalism.”
Grenell served as acting DNI from February through May of last year.
News, not Noise
- Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade in Mississippi abortion case
- Jan. 6 panel’s Ron Johnson narrative exposes ills of one-sided hearing
- Roberts charts own path in Supreme Court abortion ruling
- Gaslighting: How media's 'fact-checks' have led public to distrust the press
- Senate passes historic gun bill hours after major 2nd amendment ruling from Supreme Court