Arizona sheriff: Biden administration is turning a 'willful blind eye' to border crisis
Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb applauded Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's busing of illegal migrants to liberal East Coast cities like New York and Washington, D.C., as a way of illustrating the border crisis is a national, not regional, problem.
The Biden administration is endangering American lives by turning "a willful blind eye" to the crisis at the southern border, Arizona Sheriff Mark Lamb said Monday.
"Their track record would show that they're not going to address it," Lamb, the sheriff of Arizona's Pinal County, told the "Just the News, Not Noise" TV show. "They're going to continue to turn a willful blind eye to it — just jeopardizing American lives every day."
Citing a Drug Enforcement Agency report that fentanyl now represents 40% of all the drugs seized at the border, Lamb called for the most severe punishment for traffickers.
"If they are transporting drugs, they need to be held to the harshest extent of the law," he said, "because they're literally killing people. They are murdering people across this country with a drug that is proven to be very, very fatal."
Lamb applauded Texas GOP Gov. Greg Abbott's policy of sending illegal migrants to liberal-dominated East Coast cities such as New York and Washington, D.C., as a way of illustrating that the border crisis is a national, not merely regional, problem.
"I think it's great," he said. "For the most part, these folks are completely detached from reality ... They're getting a taste of this, and they're crying about having just a few busloads of people. Imagine getting 5 [thousand] to 7,000 people a day showing up to the borders of your state. That's what we're dealing with."
Just News, No Noise
- After John Durham bombshell, judge breathes new life into Clinton Foundation whistleblower case
- FBI formally refuses to produce Biden probe memo to Congress, Comer to hold Wray in contempt
- Chris Wray jailed? One lawmaker would like to throw FBI chief in Capitol brig for contempt
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Rep. Bishop becomes first Republican to publicly support ousting McCarthy over debt ceiling deal