Biden: 'I can beat Donald Trump again'
Biden said he is waiting until after the midterms before deciding whether to run again.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Joe Biden says he is confident he could beat former President Donald Trump in a hypothetical 2024 rematch.
Biden made the prediction Tuesday night in a CNN interview in which the president also said he is waiting until after the midterm elections to decide whether to seek reelection.
"I believe I can beat Donald Trump again," said Biden when asked whether his decision would be based on him thinking he's only candidate who can beat Trump.
The administration has said the president plans on running in 2024, but Biden has not officially announced his reelection campaign.
Trump has yet to say whether he plans to run.
A Marquette Law School poll late last month showed that 72% of U.S. adults do not want Biden to run again. In a hypothetical rematch, the poll showed that Biden has a 4-point edge over Trump.
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Former FBI assistant director of Intelligence says the FBI should do a damage report on Biden family
- Progressive group slams Schiff after Senate campaign announcement