Biden 'disinformation czar' privatizes TikTok account after satire song on 'information laundering'
Jankowicz was slammed last month when musical videos from her account began to surface.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The new executive director of the Biden administration's Disinformation Governance Board has made her TikTok account private.
Last month the appointee Nina Jankowicz went viral for a video of her singing a satire version of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from the musical "Mary Poppins" that include a line about "information laundering."
Jankowicz has been lauded by the administration a disinformation expert. But Washington Republicans and others have concerns about the board that Jankowicz leads stifle free speech. And they point to evidence that they say controverts the White House's claim that Jankowicz is an expert in disinformation.
Jankowicz was notably a loud proponent of the now-debunked Russia-collusion hoax, an individual who denied the legitimacy of Hunter Biden's laptop and even someone who told Americans not to wear a mask at the outset of the coronavirus pandemic.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified last week that the Disinformation Governance Board, which exists inside of his agency, was installed to combat misinformation ahead of the upcoming midterm election.
Earlier this week, GOP Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert introduced a bill that would end the existence of the board. More than 60 lawmakers joined her effort in introducing the Protecting Free Speech Act.
"Following in the steps of Mao and Stalin, Biden’s unconstitutional, dystopian 'Department of Propaganda' is trampling on the First Amendment and trying to control what people can and can’t say," said Boebert in a statement.
Just News, No Noise
- Memos from 2018-19 shake up Trump case: Cohen denied having incriminating evidence on hush money
- Judge impressed by evidence of Biden administration coercion in social media censorship case
- John Solomon sues DOJ, National Archives over access to declassified Trump-Russia probe memos
- Biden blames MAGA Republicans for bill reversing ESG rule that received votes from Democrats
- Russia says its fighter jets stopped U.S. bombers flying over Baltic Sea