CNN poll shows 75% of Democrats want someone other than Biden in 2024
Numbers significantly up from start of year.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A landslide majority of Democratic voters want someone other than President Joe Biden to run for the White House in 2024, a new CNN poll shows.
The poll, published this week at CNN's website, show that a whopping "75% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters want the party to nominate someone other than President Joe Biden in the 2024 election, a sharp increase from earlier this year," the network reported.
Those highly unfavorable numbers come after many months of record-high inflation, supply chain crises and political turmoil as the White House has struggled to maintain both political solvency and economic equilibrium during the first half of Joe Biden's tenure in the White House.
A full quarter of those who wish to see Joe Biden out in 2024 said so because they "don't think Biden can win" that year, the network reported, while "thirty-two percent feel that way because they don't want Biden to be reelected."
The results were sharply divided by age: Nearly a third of Democratic voters over 45 years old want Biden to be the 2024 nominee, while just 18 percent of those under 45 feel that way.
Just News, No Noise
- Ariz. secretary of state refers Kari Lake for criminal prosecution over tweeting voter signatures
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- House votes on SHOW UP Act, GOP bill to return federal employees to workplace
- House to vote Wednesday on booting Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees oust New College president as DeSantis revamps Florida education