Immigration activists stage walkout on Biden administration during key talks
Administration is “playing politics with human lives,” activists argue.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Dozens of immigration activists staged a virtual walkout against the Biden administration on Saturday, dealing an embarrassing blow to Biden officials in the midst of key talks regarding a controversial immigrant policy.
The activists “walked out, virtually, on top Biden officials Saturday in protest of the administration’s decision to continue border policies enacted during the Trump administration,” Politico reported on Saturday.
The Biden administration revealed this week that it intends to continue the Trump administration’s “remain-in-Mexico” policy, which requires immigrants seeking asylum to remain in that country prior to their hearing.
Advocates have strongly criticized that policy, up to and including the walkout on Saturday.
“We have sadly reached a turning point,” a written statement from the activists declared prior to the walkout.
News, not Noise
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'