Jen Psaki will reportedly trade White House podium for MSNBC gig
Nothing has been signed, but the deal is reportedly near finalized.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki will reportedly depart her official administration job this spring and join MSNBC, according to a report from Axios.
Psaki has been rumored to be in discussions with corporate media outlets for months. Her White House departure is also no surprise; the mother of two always expressed a desire to stick with her current role for about a year before pursuing other options.
Axios reports that Psaki has been in close contact with the White House counsel's office about her imminent departure and has not signed any contracts that would put her in messy ethics territory. Though, sources say that Psaki has shared her plans to join MSNBC with some senior White House officials – the deal is reportedly close to being finalized.
The plan, according to the outlet, is for Psaki to host a show for MSNC on NBUniversal's streaming service, Peacock. She will also contribute as a voice on MSNBC's cable line up of network shows.
Just News, No Noise
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- J6 Unmasked: Footage confirms open Senate door allowed 300 to enter Capitol – Just the News Now
- GOP lawmaker excoriates Jan. 6 committee as new footage comes to light
- PGA Tour agrees to merge with Saudi-backed LIV Golf
- WATCH fateful moment senate door unlocks allowing hundreds in the Capitol on January 6th