First lady Jill Biden tests positive for COVID
President Joe Biden recovered from COVID earlier this month
Updated: August 16, 2022 - 9:51am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
First lady Jill Biden tested positive for COVID-19 and is experiencing "mild symptoms," the White House stated.
President Joe Biden recovered from COVID earlier this month.
The first lady's communications director Elizabeth Alexander on Tuesday said that Jill Biden tested positive after developing "cold-like symptoms" Monday evening.
She tested negative twice on Monday but a PCR test came back positive, Alexander said.
The first lady, who is double vaccinated and twice boosted, plans on isolating for at least five days in a private home in South Carolina.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly 300 absentee ballots from 2020 election found in Michigan county storage unit
- Energy Sec. Granholm admits making false statement to Congress
- Plainclothes cops at Capitol during Jan. 6 riot, one on video exhorting crowd, key lawmaker says
- Paxton attorneys send cease and desist letter to Texas impeachment prosecutors
- Virginia Gov. Youngkin rails against 'two-tiered justice system' after Trump indictment