Alleged driver in deadly Los Angeles crash charged with six counts of murder

Prosecutors claim accused had history of reckless driving.

Updated: August 9, 2022 - 4:49pm

The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook

The woman allegedly responsible for a deadly fiery crash in Los Angeles last week has been charged with half a dozen counts of murder in connection with the incident. 

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a press release that 37-year-old Nicole Linton has been charged with "six counts of murder and five counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence."

Linton was allegedly last week "driving at a high rate of speed on La Brea Boulevard when she crashed into several vehicles, causing a fiery wreck," the office said.

"Killed in the crash were Asherey Ryan, 23, who was pregnant, a baby boy and Ryan’s boyfriend. Two other women, who have yet to be identified, in another vehicle also were killed," the statement continued. 

The Los Angeles Times, meanwhile, reported that investigators allegedly "found [Linton] has a history of dangerous crashes and knew the threat posed by her driving behavior."