Executive of vegan meat company arrested for biting, 'ripping the flesh' off man's nose
Altercation reportedly came after road-rage incident.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The chief operating officer of a popular vegan meat company was arrested in Arkansas last week after reportedly biting off a chunk of a man's nose during a violent altercation.
John Ramsey, the COO of Beyond Meat, was booked and later released on charges of battery and "terroristic threatening," jail records from Washington County, Ark., show.
Reports claimed that Ramsey was arrested after an incident near the University of Arkansas Razorback Stadium, one in which the executive allegedly punched through the back window of a vehicle before getting in a fight with the driver that left both of their faces bloody.
Ramsey reportedly "“bit the [car] owner’s nose, ripping the flesh on the tip of the nose," local station KNWA reported.
Records indicate that Ramsey was released after being booked.
Touted as a meat replacement company, Beyond Meat has enjoyed growing cache among food critics and industry leaders in recent years, though its stock has been steadily declining since January of last year.
Just News, No Noise
- 11 US cities — all governed by Democratic mayors — listed among 50 most dangerous in world
- Bob Woodward scolds media colleagues for Trump Russia coverage, says American public was 'cheated'
- YouTube, Musk's Twitter throttle investigative journalists behind Pfizer 'mutate' video
- Biden says no to providing Ukraine with F-16 fighters
- Legacy media slammed in Columbia Journalism Review for botched Trump-Russia narrative