Florida man drinks 'cup of bleach' in courtroom while waiting sentencing: report
Unclear how convict obtained dangerous chemical
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A Florida man awaiting sentencing in a courtroom reportedly drank a cup of bleach ahead of the announcement, according to local media reports.
Jermaine Bell's family "said he drank a cup of bleach" while "waiting to hear the verdict on the armed robbery charges against him," according to Miami news station Local 10.
Bell "immediately became so sick that he was taken out of the courtroom on a stretcher and taken to the hospital," the network said.
A broadcast of the report circulating on social media showed what appeared to be courtroom footage of Bell consuming the liquid.
The matter "is under investigation by Miami-Dade County Corrections and Miami-Dade police," Local 10 reported.
Just News, No Noise
- Chairman of the Freedom Caucus says McCarthy has signaled a willingness to work with them on issues
- Arizona Governor-elect Hobbs ultimatum to county board: Certify her election or face felony rap
- Cha-ching! EPA quietly quadruples regulatory cost of carbon emissions in new war on fossil fuels
- Air marshals plan to refuse Biden admin order to deploy to the southern border: report
- County under a cloud: Maricopa's decade-long history of election issues, from 2012 to 2022