Illegal immigrant charged in connection with fatal drunk driving accident that killed father of two
ICE has confirmed the suspect was an illegal immigrant from Honduras and is now being held on a $1 million bond.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A 35-year-old illegal immigrant from Honduras has been charged in connection with drunk driving and felony death by vehicle after driving down the wrong side of the highway last month and crashing into 36-year-old Cheston Edwards, the father of two young children, who was killed in the collision.
The fatal crash took place on March 29 in Princeton, N.C., late at night.
Rolbin Pacheco, 35, was driving his pickup home from his girlfriend's house, according to police, and was on the phone with her when he crashed. Pacheco left the scene with no injuries, while the crash victim was left dead.
Cheston's girlfriend said the phone "just cut off while they were talking," Edwards’ mother, Mary Edwards, told WRAL 5 News. "She thought maybe he just went through a bad area."
Pacheco is now being held on a $1 million bond. Breitbart News reports that it confirmed with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency that Pacheco is an illegal immigrant from Honduras.
"He needs to know that he has hurt me, deeply,” Edwards said. “He’s taken something from me that he shouldn’t have taken."
News, not Noise
- Arizona audit flags thousands of suspect ballots, kicking issue to state's attorney general
- Effort to spread discredited Russia collusion theory welcomed by McCain Senate panel, memos show
- DeSantis sidesteps Biden rationing, acquires new monoclonal antibodies from U.K. drug firm
- Lawsuits filed in Washington state over 2020 election
- New video of Jan. 6 Capitol breach depicts disorder, disrespect, not violent insurrection