Illegal immigrant indicted in rape of 10-year-old girl who underwent abortion
The 27-year-old illegal migrant was arrested on July 12 for the rape of a 10-year-old girl.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A grand jury in Ohio has indicted the 27-year-old illegal immigrant accused of raping and subsequently impregnating a 10-year-old girl who then traveled to Indiana to receive an abortion.
Gerson Fuentes – the accused rapist – was charged with two felony counts of rape in an indictment handed down on Thursday in court in Columbus, Ohio. He will be arraigned Monday.
According to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official, Fuentes – in jail on a $2 million bond – is in the country illegally, reports the Epoch Times.
"Due to the potential sentence the defendant is facing, coupled with potential deportation, there is no release conditions that can reasonably assure the safety of the victim, a [redacted] year old child, who remains a key witness in the case against the defendant," Daniel Meyer, the Franklin County assistant prosecuting attorney wrote in his motion.
According the Columbus Police Department, Fuentes confessed at least twice to raping the child and was arrested July 12. The girl also identifies Fuentes as the man who raped her. The crime occurred on or around May 10.
Law enforcement learned of the incident after county child services alerted them to the rape of a young child, which they are required to do.
Eventually, the girl was taken to Indiana to receive an abortion. Ohio bans abortions following six weeks of pregnancy and does not currently make exceptions for rape or incest.
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Former FBI assistant director of Intelligence says the FBI should do a damage report on Biden family
- Progressive group slams Schiff after Senate campaign announcement