Miami Beach spring break shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 hurt
Authorities said that one man is in custody and he is cooperating fully with law enforcement
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
One man is dead and another is injured after gunfire erupted in an area of Miami Beach, Florida, crowded with people vacationing there on spring break, police said.
Officers responded shortly after 10:30 p.m. Friday to shots fired in an area right off the beach, where they discovered two men with gunshot wounds.
"One of the males died at the hospital, and the other is listed in critical condition," Miami Beach Police said on Twitter Friday.
Authorities said Saturday that one man is in custody and he is cooperating fully with law enforcement. Police also said they recovered four firearms at the scene and it was an isolated incident.
Police said they could not reveal the identities of all those involved because the investigation is ongoing.
Shootings also occurred in Miami Beach last year during spring break, causing the city to institute a midnight curfew for several days.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law