Oklahoma prosecutor arrested on child pornography charges
D.A. says she is "dismayed and disappointed" by charges.
An Oklahoma prosecutor has been dismissed from his position after being arrested on child pornography and computer crimes charges.
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said in a press release this week that it had arrested Kevin Etherington "on one count of Aggravated Possession of Child Pornography and one count of Violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act."
The press release listed Etherington as "First Assistant District Attorney for Payne and Logan Counties," though by Tuesday he had been dismissed from that role.
I cannot express how dismayed and disappointed I am about this development," District Attorney Laura Austin Thomas told the Oklahoman.
The Oklahoman reported that Etherington allegedly possessed "about 153 videos and photos depicting child sexual exploitation" in connection with his Google account.
Just News, No Noise
- Chinese Communist Party-linked companies are purchasing U.S. military academies, congressman warns
- Hunter Biden demands investigations into reporting on his laptop, threatens to sue Tucker Carlson
- McConnell yanks GOP Sen. Scott from Commerce Committee after failed leadership challenge
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- AZ Senate rocked by claims of election violations, as Lake presses appeal in challenge to 2022 vote