One person killed, 16 injured after SUV crashes into Massachusetts Apple store
The driver was not taken to the hospital and is in police custody, officials said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
One person was killed and 16 other were taken to hospitals for treatment after an SUV crashed into an Apple store Monday morning in Hingham, Massachusetts.
Plymouth County District Attorney Tim Cruz said a criminal investigation is "active and ongoing," local outlet WCVB reported. He said the SUV was traveling at an undetermined speed when it crashed.
The crash occurred less than an hour after the Apple store, south of Boston, opened at 10 a.m.
The vehicle rammed through the glass into the back area of the store, witness Frank O'Brien said.
Another witness said the driver appeared injured but alert after the collision. Cruz said the driver was not taken to a hospital and is in police custody.
Just News, No Noise
- Chairman of the Freedom Caucus says McCarthy has signaled a willingness to work with them on issues
- Arizona Governor-elect Hobbs ultimatum to county board: Certify her election or face felony rap
- Cha-ching! EPA quietly quadruples regulatory cost of carbon emissions in new war on fossil fuels
- Air marshals plan to refuse Biden admin order to deploy to the southern border: report
- County under a cloud: Maricopa's decade-long history of election issues, from 2012 to 2022