Robert Durst charged with 1982 murder of wife Kathie
The new charge comes just days after Durst was sentenced to life in prison for the death of his best friend, Susan Berman.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Real estate mogul Robert Durst has been charged with the murder of his first wife, Kathie Durst, following her disappearance in 1982.
According to the Associated Press, the new charge comes just days after Durst was sentenced to life in prison for the death of his best friend, Susan Berman, who investigators say helped him cover up his wife's death.
New York investigators confirmed Friday that they have charged the 78-year-old millionaire with second-degree murder.
Durst has long been suspected of being responsible for Kathie Durst's death, but this is the first time he has been formally charged.
Kathie Durst's disappearance received renewed interest after the release of the HBO documentary "The Jinx" in which Durst made seemingly incriminating statements on a hot mic.
Durst is currently on a ventilator battling COVID-19 at a hospital in Los Angeles.
News, not Noise
- Outrageous tab: Minnesota school charges $901,000 for critical race theory records
- 'Laptop from Hell' author: Biden lied about not knowing of 'Hunter's overseas business dealings'
- Discovery of 200,000-year-old bones could shed light on recent human ancestors
- Court denies Biden administration's attempt to stay hold on vaccine mandate
- GOP candidate declared winner in Virginia state House race, Republicans will gain control of chamber