Virginia police respond to shooting with multiple injuries
Police urged the public to "report any suspicious individuals" after the shooting.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Police officers in Prince William County, Virginia, responded on Wednesday to "shots fired with injuries," officials said, as local reports state that helicopters were flying to the scene to transport victims for medical treatment.
The Prince William County Police Department tweeted shortly after 11 a.m. local time that officers were responding to "shots fired with injuries" in the city of Dumfries. Authorities said the extent of injuries are unknown.
"Please report any suspicious individuals in that area to police. Please avoid the area and follow police direction," the department said.
The local outlet Prince William Times reported that police radio traffic showed that up to six people may have been seriously injured and multiple helicopters were flying to the scene.
Just News, No Noise
- CDC issues warning of deadly bacteria with 50% fatality rate coming from the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Wisconsin Congressman says there will be unity for getting Joe Biden out of office
- Marjorie Taylor Greene reveals contents of Biden bribery doc
- Liz Harrington says the American people crave common sense, Trump is top pick
- Plainclothes cops at Capitol during Jan. 6 riot, one on video exhorting crowd, key lawmaker says