Despite media depictions, Americans are getting along just fine
The majority of voters think that Americans aren't as divided as they're made out to be
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The media makes it easy to think that Americans are more divided than ever. Whether it be because of coronavirus, politics, or civil rights, it seems like there’s division at every turn.
But Americans are actually getting along pretty well with each other, according to a recent poll.
Right now, 74% of voters nationwide believe that Americans generally get along with one another. 21% disagree, and 5% aren’t sure. In terms of political demographics, 91% of Republicans, 71% of Independents, and 63% of Democrats also agree that Americans get along pretty well with each other.
Scott Rasmussen talks getting along, and Hamilton, in his new Number of the Day podcast.
More info is available here:
News, Not Noise
- New State memos disclose relentless pressure by Hunter Biden-connected Ukrainian firm
- Stars' donations helped bail out suspects charged with 'murder, violent felonies, sex crimes'
- McConnell: Dems won't allow 'a penny' in stimulus 'unless Texas and Florida bail out New Jersey'
- DOJ lawyer suggests possibility that undisclosed info factored into Flynn dismissal request
- 'Squad' member Ilhan Omar survives tough Democratic primary in Minnesota