Candace Owens '100%' suing rapper Cardi B for Twitter screenshot she says was defamatory
"I’m thinking me and you in a courtroom debating defamation law is what’s around the corner," Owens tweeted.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Outspoken conservative commentator Candace Owens is vowing to sue rapper Cardi B for tweeting an allegedly fake screenshot of her that suggest her husband and brother having an affair.
The post was part of a Twitter exchange Tuesday that followed Owens saying earlier on TV that Cardi B's performance on the Grammy Awards show on Sunday night was "degenerate" and "disgusting."
After the screenshot was posted, Owens tweeted: "FYI I DO have a brother, a private citizen, who you are slandering right now with this photoshopped image that you are now publicly claiming you saw tweeted in real life."
She later tweeted: "Just spoke with my family. I am 100% suing Cardi for that nonsense. You can’t just start throwing out wild lies against private members of my family because you’re upset someone called you out on your degenerate performance."
The dustup neared its end with Owens tweeting: "I’m thinking me and you in a courtroom debating defamation law is what’s around the corner."
News, Not Noise
- Detroit absentee ballot instructions conflict with witness testimony about irregularities
- Zuckerberg group gave Detroit $7.4 million to 'dramatically' expand vote in city key to Biden win
- Prominent lawyer Sidney Powell defends self against a $2.5 billion Smartmatic defamation lawsuit
- Nevada GOP censures Republican state official over allegations of 2020 voter fraud
- All eyes on Taiwan as U.S.-China tensions, rhetoric heat up