Sarah Silverman slams Democratic Party: 'It allows for zero progress'
Claims Democrats have become "elitist."
Openly progressive comedian Sarah Silverman on Friday distanced herself from the Democratic Party, arguing that it has become "elitist" and "all or nothing" and claiming it has contributed to the regression of American political discourse.
Speaking on the Sarah Silverman Podcast, the actress called the Democratic Party "so f****ing elitist" and argued that "for something called progressive, it allows for zero progress."
"It's the absolutist-ness of the party I am in that is such a turnoff to me," she argued, claiming that political parties in general come with "baggage" that dictates that "no ideas can be taken at face value."
"And without ideas, what are we? Without a common truth, how can we talk about it?" she continued.
The comedian has previously stumped for Bernie Sanders and supported Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.
News, not Noise
- Researchers shoot holes in study touted for confirming 'masks work' in curbing COVID
- Mike Pence: 'There were irregularities' in 2020 election, feels he made right decision Jan. 6
- Biden legal defeats rapidly piling up across the nation on broad array of policy fronts
- Dying COVID-19 patient recovers after court orders ivermectin treatment
- Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law