Turning Point USA asks donors to stop giving money to liberal colleges
“Our colleges have become centers of activist training, not academics of higher learning or places where diverse ideas can be meaningfully discussed," said the group's leader, Charlie Kirk.
Turning Point USA has started a push to encourage donors to stop funding liberal colleges and universities.
The project. called "DivestU," seeks to strip left-leaning academic institutions of funding by encouraging people to stop donating.
"DivestU is Turning Point’s most aggressive project yet to combat rampant Leftism at universities by striking colleges where they are most vulnerable: their wallets," the organization explains." Anti-American indoctrination can only thrive on college campuses thanks to multi-billion dollar endowments, fueled by the generosity of alumni."
Turning Point founder and President Charlie Kirk, who warns that institutions of higher learning serve to inculcate liberal ideology, wants people to stop supplying funds to the institutions.
“Our colleges have become centers of activist training, not academics of higher learning or places where diverse ideas can be meaningfully discussed," he said.
"Our universities now pose a significant threat to the future of our Republic and this effort aims to motivate decent, reasonable philanthropists and donors to divest their dollars from these incubators of leftist radical ideology,” Kirk said.
News, Not Noise
- New State memos disclose relentless pressure by Hunter Biden-connected Ukrainian firm
- Stars' donations helped bail out suspects charged with 'murder, violent felonies, sex crimes'
- McConnell: Dems won't allow 'a penny' in stimulus 'unless Texas and Florida bail out New Jersey'
- DOJ lawyer suggests possibility that undisclosed info factored into Flynn dismissal request
- 'Squad' member Ilhan Omar survives tough Democratic primary in Minnesota