Delta pilots picket airports amid anticipated July 4 chaos, canceled flights
Airlines have been slashing hundreds of flights per day as travel conditions worsen.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Hundreds of pilots for major airline Delta picketed airports around the country on Friday, protesting what they claimed were adverse working conditions amid chaotic flight cancellations and supply chain crises.
Video of the protesting pilots circulated on social media, with demonstrations occurring at airports as disparate as LAX and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson.
The pilots were striking in favor of better working conditions such as higher pay and more time off.
The tracking software FlightAware listed the U.S. as experiencing nearly 600 flight cancellations yesterday alone.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS warns taxpayers of new $600 threshold for reporting third-party payments
- Special Counsel disputes claim from Trump attorneys over Giuliani case
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending
- As White House drains oil reserve to near-40-year lows, Biden asks for $500m to modernize system
- Ivanka Trump posts photos from World Cup with family