House explosion kills 3, damages dozens of homes in Indiana
Authorities still searching for cause of blast.
Updated: August 11, 2022 - 1:01pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
An explosion in Evansville, Ind., on Wednesday destroyed one home, killed three people, and damaged nearly 40 other structures, authorities said on Thursday as they searched for the cause of the deadly blast.
Footage of the explosion circulated on social media on Wednesday and Thursday. First responders and volunteers were combing through the wreckage of the home into Thursday while investigators tried to determine what caused the incident.
One individual was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
Nearly 40 houses were damaged in the explosion, authorities noted, with nearly a dozen of them being rendered uninhabitable due to the blast.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Arizona judge denies sanctions against Kari Lake and her legal team
- Biden, McCarthy strike tentative deal to slow spending and raise debt limit
- Texas House votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Appeals court reinstates religious challenge to COVID vaccine mandate for healthcare workers