Pompeo says Communist Chinese Party 'greatest external threat' to U.S.
The secretary of state said the Obama administration did not grasp the threat posed by China
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says the Chinese Communist Party represents the most significant outside threat to the United States.
"The greatest external threat that the United States faces over the medium and long term is the threat by the regime in China today, the Chinese Communist Party lead by General Secretary Xi Jinping," Pompeo said during an interview Sunday on Fox News with conservative commentator Mark Levin.
Pompeo also said that the Obama administration did not grasp the threat posed by the Asian superpower.
"You think the prior administration understood the threat of Communist China?" Levin asked.
"No," Pompeo responded.
News, Not Noise
- Johns Hopkins published then deleted an article questioning the U.S. coronavirus death rate
- State lawmakers seek to decertify Pennsylvania election results, citing 'substantial irregularities'
- 'Sooner the better.' Trump plans to take election case to Supreme Court, adviser says
- Kim Jong Un has locked down the capital & killed people in effort to keep the virus at bay
- Sidney Powell sues Georgia officials, alleging massive scheme to rig election for Joe Biden