$100 million man: Florida’s DeSantis assembles massive war chest for re-election
At $109.8 million, Florida governor is the number one fundraiser in state politics in the 2022 election cycle.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis is the No. 1 fundraiser in state politics in the 2022 election cycle so far.
According to the most recent campaign finance reports made to the Florida Secretary of State, the governor received $109,869,159 in total contributions and spent $13,706,657 between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. DeSantis is running for re-election in 2022.
DeSantis is a Republican who first assumed office in 2019.
Of the $109.8 million already reported in the 2022 election cycle, 14.3 percent came from his top 10 donors:
- $6,600,000, Republican Governors Association
- $5,000,000, Kenneth C. Griffin
- $800,000, David F MacNeil
- $518,899, Republican Party of Florida
- $505,000, Florida Prosperity Fund
- $505,000, Gale L. Lemerand
- $500,000, Spring Bay Capital
- $500,000, Walter W. Buckley Jr.
- .$400,000, Voice of Florida
- $350,000, Bruce Rauner