California is one of the least charitable states despite being one of wealthiest, reports says
Rankings found Democratic states are slightly more charitable than Republican states.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
When it comes to charitability, California ranks near the bottom among the 50 states, according to the World Giving Index created by WalletHub.
California ranks 42nd among the 50 states in this year‘s rankings. It follows the trend of some border states faring poorly, including Arizona (50th), and New Mexico (48th). While a few border states were near the bottom, the top three most generous states in the ranking are in different parts of the country. Utah was ranked first, followed by Maryland and Minnesota.
California received a 50.97 out of 100 score on the World Giving Index. The state did relatively well in donating money to charitable causes, ranking 10th. Additionally, California was near the top (fourth) in terms of the percentage of the population that donates money to charity.
However, California finished last in the volunteering and service category (50th out of 50 states). The state’s volunteer rate ranked 46th overall.
The World Giving Index shows that California was somewhat of an anomaly in these rankings. California is one of the wealthier states in the union but ranks low in terms of its charitable giving.
Additionally, the rankings found that Democratic states are slightly more charitable than Republican states. The average blue state ranked 24.08 out of 50, while the average Republican state ranked 26.92 out of 50.
Just News, No Noise
- National Archives admits over 1,100 Biden records pages at Penn office, lacks custody of others
- World Health Organization puts CDC on defense by drastically narrowing COVID vax recommendations
- McCarthy on Trump indictment: NY prosecutor 'irreparably damaged' America, Congress will intervene
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Manhattan prosecutors secure grand jury indictment against Trump, thrusting nation into new turmoil