Actor Ben Savage indicates possible run for California Democrat Rep. Schiff's seat
Savage played Corey Matthews on the hit ABC series "Boy Meets World."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Actor Ben Savage, best known for his years-long performance of Corey Matthews on the hit ABC series "Boy Meets World," appears prepared to mount a challenge to California Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff for his House seat.
Federal Election Commission forms filed this week indicate Savage, a Democrat, is preparing to mount a run for California's 30th Congressional District, which Schiff has controlled since 2001.
Schiff has not indicated any plans to retire from that seat, meaning the two could end up squaring off in a primary, though Schiff himself has indicated he is possibly considering a run for Senate.
Savage previously ran unsuccessfully for a seat on the West Hollywood City Council in 2022.
Just News, No Noise
- House bill rescinding $71B for 87k IRS agents stalled in Senate after nearly 4 weeks without vote
- House Judiciary GOP subpoena FBI's Christopher Wray, AG Merrick Garland
- Former Trump economic adviser calls on GOP to dig in on debt ceiling, budget battles
- Chinese students running distribution for drug cartels: former DEA official
- Pentagon says it's spotted second Chinese balloon over Latin America