Lewandowski says he's 'never had that conversation' with Trump about being reinstated
"I’m just saying that I’ve never heard it," the former Trump campaign manager said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Corey Lewandowski, former president Trump's first campaign manager, on Wednesday largely downplayed reports Trump is telling confidants he expects to be reinstated as president.
"I can tell you as a person who talks to the former president on a very regular basis, I’ve never had that conversation with him so I’m not saying it’s dishonest," Lewandowski said on Just the News' "Water Cooler" TV show. "I’m just saying that I’ve never heard it."
The notion that Trump thinks he'll be reinstate as president appeared to rocket through across social media and into the news media after a tweet Tuesday by New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.
"Trump has been telling a number of people he’s in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated by August (no that isn’t how it works but simply sharing the information)," Haberman tweeted.
Trump, who will be speaking at the North Carolina GOP State Convention this weekend, has not commented on the reports.
News, Not Noise
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Georgia audit documents expose significant election failures in state's largest county
- Over 7,000 affidavits delivered to Michigan lawmakers claim election fraud
- GOP lawmakers to Biden: 'We write to you today to express concern with your current cognitive state'
- Pelosi says GOP wants people 'in cars, on the road, using gas,' Dems want more mass transit