Kyle Rittenhouse on meeting Trump: 'Normal guy' with 'some of the best cheeseburgers'
"It was really nice meeting Trump at Mar-a-Lago," Kyle Rittenhouse said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Recalling his visit with Donald Trump at the former president's Mar-a-Lago resort just before Thanksgiving last year, 19-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse said he "had some of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had."
Following the teenager's acquittal of homicide charges for fatally shooting two men in self-defense during riots in Kenosha, Wisc. in August 2020, the former president invited Rittenhouse to the Florida resort in November.
"He's a really good young guy ... just left Mar-a-Lago a little while ago, and he should never have been put through that," Trump told Fox News' "Hannity" at the time. "That was prosecutorial misconduct, and it's happening all over the United States right now with Democrats.
On Wednesday, Rittenhouse told "Just the News, Not Noise" cohosts John Solomon and Amanda Head about his meeting with Trump.
"Well it was really nice meeting Trump at Mar-a-Lago," Rittenhouse said.
"We just had a regular conversation. We had some of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had at Mar-a-Lago — definitely 10 out of 10. But he's just a normal guy. He supported me from day one, and Trump was right."
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Paxton speaks out ahead of impeachment vote scheduled for Saturday
- Arizona Gov. Hobbs vetoes red-light camera ban
- Biden primary bid limping as RFK Jr., Williamson gain footing: CNN poll
- New details emerge in Petito civil case with ‘burn after reading’ letter