Kyle Rittenhouse on meeting Trump: 'Normal guy' with 'some of the best cheeseburgers'
"It was really nice meeting Trump at Mar-a-Lago," Kyle Rittenhouse said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Recalling his visit with Donald Trump at the former president's Mar-a-Lago resort just before Thanksgiving last year, 19-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse said he "had some of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had."
Following the teenager's acquittal of homicide charges for fatally shooting two men in self-defense during riots in Kenosha, Wisc. in August 2020, the former president invited Rittenhouse to the Florida resort in November.
"He's a really good young guy ... just left Mar-a-Lago a little while ago, and he should never have been put through that," Trump told Fox News' "Hannity" at the time. "That was prosecutorial misconduct, and it's happening all over the United States right now with Democrats.
On Wednesday, Rittenhouse told "Just the News, Not Noise" cohosts John Solomon and Amanda Head about his meeting with Trump.
"Well it was really nice meeting Trump at Mar-a-Lago," Rittenhouse said.
"We just had a regular conversation. We had some of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had at Mar-a-Lago — definitely 10 out of 10. But he's just a normal guy. He supported me from day one, and Trump was right."
News, not Noise
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis
- Biden to allow some migrants with terrorist ties into country, raising security concerns
- More Americans leaving California to move to Mexico, amid inflation and soaring home prices
- Bette Midler turns on left, says trans language erases women
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology