President Biden says at DNC reception that MAGA Republicans are the 'real problem'
This event came one day after the latest Gallup poll was released showing Biden's approval rating had fallen to 37%, the lowest since his term as president began.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Joe Biden said on Friday at a reception in Washington for the Democratic National Committee that "MAGA Republicans" are the real threat facing the United States.
"The real problem is those MAGA Republicans," he said, according to the New York Post. "MAGA Republicans are trying to take us backwards. But together, we're not going to let them do it. Not an inch back."
During his speech, Biden also discussed his accomplishments from his last two years in office. He added that the upcoming 2024 presidential election is about Americans' freedom.
"I'm here tonight to ask your help to help me finish the job," he said. "And, folks, here's the bottom line. It's very simple: We need you. Our democracy needs you, because this is about our freedoms."
Biden also said that one of his goals was to codify Roe V. Wade, which was overturned by the Supreme Court last year.
"Let's keep growing the economy in the middle — from the middle out and the bottom up. Let's protect — protect a woman's right to choose and codify Roe v. Wade," he said.
"Let's protect our children from gun violence by continuing to work to eliminate assault weapons," Biden continued. "And let's keep lowering the prescription drug cost not just for those on Medicare, but for all Americans — for all Americans."
The event occurred one day after the latest Gallup poll was released showing Biden's approval rating had fallen to 37%, the lowest since his term as president began.
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says