'Run Herschel, run!': Former President Trump wants Herschel Walker to mount U.S. Senate bid
"I hope everyone remembers when they're getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn't President, you wouldn't be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all," Trump said in another statement.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Trump issued a statement on Wednesday urging former NFL player Herschel Walker to mount a bid to serve as a U.S. senator from the state of Georgia.
"Wouldn't it be fantastic if the legendary Herschel Walker ran for the United States Senate in Georgia? He would be unstoppable, just like he was when he played for the Georgia Bulldogs, and in the NFL," Trump said in the statement. "He is also a GREAT person. Run Herschel, run!"
In another statement on Wednesday the nation's 45th commander-in-chief claimed that people would either never have gotten a coronavirus vaccine or would not have gotten one nearly as soon if he had not served as president.
"I hope everyone remembers when they're getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn't President, you wouldn't be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn't be getting it at all," Trump said. "I hope everyone remembers!"
News, not Noise
- Key Republican says party must assure voters it will impeach Garland, force overhaul at DOJ
- COVID survivors with natural immunity at low risk for reinfection or severe symptoms, study finds
- Media ignore late night's upstart ratings killer "Gutfeld!"
- Whitmer's Michigan paid $3.9B in pandemic unemployment relief to ineligible claimants: audit
- Marine vet elected to N.J. school board delivering on promise of armed officer in every school