Trump: Big Tech is 'getting the biggest subsidy that any company has ever gotten from a government'
"They work with the Democrats. It’s a Democrat machine; it should be a campaign contribution," former President Trump said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump discussed his class-action lawsuit against Big Tech censorship on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," saying he believes it will be "very successful."
Trump said the lawsuit will "wind its way through the courts, I think it's gonna be very successful ... It's been very well received, very popular, a lot of legal scholars are saying it's about time."
The lawsuit was filed against the CEO's of Google, Facebook, and Twitter, alleging that censorship is a violation of the First Amendment and applies to private companies because they are working for government officials.
Section 230 of the 1996 Telecommunications Act allows websites to remove obscene content. Trump is arguing that this immunity is like a government subsidy.
"They’re getting the biggest subsidy that any company has ever gotten from a government," Trump explained. "They’re immune from so many different things, but they’re not immune from this lawsuit because what they’ve done is such a violation of the Constitution. A violation like we’ve never seen before."
"They work with the Democrats," he added. "It’s a Democrat machine; it should be a campaign contribution."
Because YouTube, Facebook, and Google suspended his accounts on their platforms, Trump said that it "hurts his ability to support fellow conservatives by campaigning for Republicans running in 2022. He also said it hurts his ability to lay the groundwork for a possible 2024 presidential bid," Fox News reported.
Just News, No Noise
- National Archives admits over 1,100 Biden records pages at Penn office, lacks custody of others
- World Health Organization puts CDC on defense by drastically narrowing COVID vax recommendations
- McCarthy on Trump indictment: NY prosecutor 'irreparably damaged' America, Congress will intervene
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Manhattan prosecutors secure grand jury indictment against Trump, thrusting nation into new turmoil