Trump easily wins CPAC 2024 straw poll, DeSantis distant second
Former president has strongly indicated intent to run in 2024.
Former President Donald Trump easily cinched the 2024 presidential straw poll at CPAC 2022 on Saturday, beating out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, whom many analysts consider his closest rival for the spot.
Trump rolled up 69% of the votes in the anonymous online poll, while DeSantis polled just 24% — down from the 28% he netted in the straw poll at the February CPAC event, held in his home state of Florida.
Trump is set to speak at CPAC later on Saturday as the headline event. The conference is being held in Dallas.
Just News, No Noise
- Big Brother watching? Government agencies buying cell phone, internet data to track Americans
- Trump pleads for Biden to make Russia-Ukraine deal, offers to help negotiate
- Illinois regulator warns half-million mail-in votes could delay election results by up to 2 weeks
- Corey Lewandowski cuts deal to drop misdemeanor battery charge, avoid admission of guilt
- Trump: Death penalty 'only way' to stop drug trafficking