Trump has major polling advantage with women in GOP primary
Gov. DeSantis is a likely candidate for the 2024 presidency, although he has not announced yet
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump has an advantage over his possible primary opponents when it comes to Republican women, according to a new Fox News poll.
According to the poll, 40% of Republican women voters would choose to support Trump over former South Carolina governor and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and possible contender Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The poll shows that 23% of GOP women would support DeSantis and 9% would support Haley. Former Vice President Mike Pence came in with 8% support.
46% of the women polled said that the economy was the top issue facing the country that they were concerned about.
As of now, Trump, Haley and Republican entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy are the only ones who have declared their run for the presidency as GOP candidates.
DeSantis is a likely candidate for the 2024 presidency, although he has not announced yet.
Other candidates rumored to jump into the 2024 GOP presidential primary include former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Pence.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal