Trump raises at least $150 million since Election Day, as supporters back election litigation
About 75% of each donation will go to the new "Save America" PAC, which could fund Trump's post-presidency political activities.
President Trump has raised at least $150 million since Election Day nearly one month ago, according to multiple news reports.
The donations have poured in, as the Trump campaign continues to solicit donations to fuel its legal efforts in several key states to uncover voter fraud and overturn the results of the election.
The campaign has raised as much as $170 million, according to The New York Times, while other news outlets have reported an amount closer to $150 million. Either amount is approximately equivalent to the numbers coming in to the campaign coffers at the height of the president's reelection bid.
The Times also reports that 75% of each donation will go to a new political action committee established by Trump and his staff called "Save America." The other 25% will go to the Republican National Committee.
The donations will allow the campaign to pay off outstanding, post-election debt. It will also allow the president to fund post-presidency political activities.
Trump has not publicly stated his political intentions should his election challenges fail.
News, Not Noise
- First Trump declassified Russia document: Christopher Steele's 2017 confession to the FBI
- Trump formally declassifies Russia documents over objections of FBI
- Does Inaugural display symbolizing 56 U.S. states, territories signal Biden support for new states?
- President Trump says goodbye (for now) at Joint Base Andrews, vows, 'We will be back'
- Trump pardons Steve Bannon, rapper Lil Wayne in final wave of clemency