Trump asks DOJ to expedite probe of Minnesota police in George Floyd death
"Justice will be served!" the president wrote.
President Trump announced Wednesday that he asked federal authorities to expedite the investigation into the death of George Floyd in Minnesota police custody.
"At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd," the president tweeted.
"I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement. My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!" he said in another tweet.
Floyd's death has captured national attention. Video shows the the African American man on the ground with a police officer pinning him down. "I can't breathe," Floyd says.
Four police officers have been fired.
News, Not Noise
- Activist warns Left, Trump might pick first black female justice: 'Be careful what you wish for'
- FISA court rules it is 'not empowered by Congress' to release attorney misconduct files
- A year after impeachment, Hunter Biden's Ukraine activities come home to roost
- 'Midnight Rockets': Whistleblower lawsuit reveals toxic releases by Ohio nuclear plant
- Trafalgar Group polls: outliers with uncanny knack for accurately sampling Trump vote