AOC scolds Biden admin over news of first migrant child facility opening under his watch
"This is not okay, never has been okay, never will be okay - no matter the administration or party," the New York Democrat tweeted.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted her disapproval in response to a report regarding the first migrant child facility opening during President Biden's brief tenure in office.
"The emergency facility — a vestige of the Trump administration that was open for only a month in summer 2019 — is being reactivated to hold up to 700 children ages 13 to 17," according to the Washington Post.
The New York Democrat tweeted: "This is not okay, never has been okay, never will be okay - no matter the administration or party."
"Our immigration system is built on a carceral framework," Ocasio-Cortez said in another tweet. "It’s no accident that challenging how we approach both these issues are considered 'controversial' stances. They require reimagining our relationship to each other and challenging common assumptions we take for granted."
"It's only 2 mos into this admin & our fraught, unjust immigration system will not transform in that time," she tweeted. "That's why bold reimagination is so impt. DHS shouldn't exist, agencies should be reorganized, ICE gotta go, ban for-profit detention, create climate refugee status & more."
News, Not Noise
- Sen. Rand Paul says Dr. Anthony Fauci is an elitist who 'thinks he's smarter than the rest of us'
- Sen. Ted Cruz says Biden's comments on Chauvin trial supplied grounds for mistrial
- Merkel says she criticizes Putin 'directly,' after Biden admits on TV he thinks he's a 'killer'
- Columnist, pundit Juan Williams says TV show host rejected him for not being 'black enough'
- Ocasio-Cortez: House GOP censuring Waters 'because they don't have any ideas of their own'